The Heritage Seeds Group is a group of related organisations which develop, produce, market and sell seeds including temperate and tropical pasture varieties, fodder crops, forage cereals, field crops and turf and amenity grasses.
The Heritage Seeds Group recognises the importance of your privacy and understands that the security of your personal information is important to you. We are committed to protecting the personal information you provide to us.
The Heritage Seeds Group
- Heritage Seeds Pty Ltd;
- Agricote Technologies Pty Ltd;
- Seed Technology & Marketing Pty Ltd;
- Planttech Pty Ltd; and
- Planttech Pasture Seeds Pty Ltd,
(the Heritage Seeds Group)
Where the collection or handling of your personal information by the Heritage Seeds Group is subject to the Privacy Act, the Heritage Seeds Group must comply with the requirements of that Act. The Privacy Act regulates the manner in which personal information is handled throughout its life cycle, from collection to use and disclosure, storage, accessibility and disposal.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Special provisions apply to the collection of personal information which is sensitive information. This includes health information and information about a person's race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
What personal information does the Heritage Seeds Group collect?
In the course of our business, the Heritage Seeds Group may collect personal information about you that is necessary for us to perform our functions and activities. The Heritage Seeds Group will only collect personal information about you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
The types of personal information we may collect and hold may vary depending on the nature of our interaction with you and may include:
- identifying and contact information (such as name, address, phone number and email address);
- bank account and payment details and tax file numbers; and
- information about products purchased from the Heritage Seeds Group, National Grower Register (NGR) number, farm locations and historical crop production and sales.
The Heritage Seeds Group may collect personal information about:
- resellers, agents and growers of seeds and other products developed, marketed and sold by the Heritage Seeds Group;
- third parties providing a service to the Heritage Seeds Group; and
- employees and contractors of the Heritage Seeds Group.
How does the Heritage Seeds Group collect personal information?
The Heritage Seeds Group may collect your personal information in a number of ways including through purchase orders, sales contracts, production contracts, sales orders, subscribing to buying systems and programs run by the Heritage Seeds Group and correspondence (written and verbal).
The Heritage Seeds Group typically collects your personal information directly from you. On some occasions, the Heritage Seeds Group may collect your personal information from third parties. For example, if you are a grower, the Heritage Seeds Group may collect your personal information from a reseller or agent who sells our seeds and other products to you.
For what purposes does the Heritage Seeds Group collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
The Privacy Act generally requires the Heritage Seeds Group to use personal information only for the primary purpose for which it is collected, or for secondary purposes which are related (or directly related in the case of sensitive information) to the primary purpose.
In general, the Heritage Seeds Group collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for the following purposes:
- to develop, market and sell our seeds and other products to you;
- to register you for, administer and continue to develop and improve, our buying systems and programs for growers, resellers and agents;
- to run competitions and other promotions;
- to manage our relationship with you and to contact you for follow up purposes;
- to develop trend data;
- to verify and update personal information held by us;
- to recruit personnel;
- to review, develop and improve our functions and activities and business processes;
- to comply with legal, regulatory or royalty collection obligations; and
- for other purposes required or authorised by or under law, including purposes for which you have provided your express or implied consent.
Our functions and activities may change from time to time.
If you provide your email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number, you also consent to the Heritage Seeds Group using your email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number to contact you (including by telephone call, SMS or email) for any of the above purposes.
To whom may the Heritage Seeds Group disclose your personal information?
In order to carry out the above purposes, the Heritage Seeds Group may disclose your personal information to:
- persons or organisations engaged by the Heritage Seeds Group to assist the Heritage Seeds Group in carrying out the above purposes such as data storage providers, IT support providers, contracted distribution providers and professional advisors;
- regulatory authorities; and
- parties involved in a prospective or actual transfer of our assets or business.
In addition, members of the Heritage Seeds Group may share your personal information with each other and their related bodies corporate in the Netherlands, United States of America, New Zealand, United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Poland, Denmark, Italy and Brazil, so that the Heritage Seeds Group may adopt an integrated approach, provide better service and ensure seamless business operations for those with whom it interacts.
What happens if you don't provide the Heritage Seeds Group with your personal information?
If you do not provide personal information requested of you to the Heritage Seeds Group, we may be unable to provide the products and services you or others request of us.
How does the Heritage Seeds Group hold your personal information and manage the data quality and security of your personal information?
The Heritage Seeds Group stores your personal information on servers located in Australia with access only available by password.
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, the Heritage Seeds Group will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date; and
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The Heritage Seeds Group will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that is held which is no longer required, including under any contractual or legal requirement, is destroyed or de-identified in a secure manner.
Does the Heritage Seeds Group transfer personal information overseas?
The Heritage Seeds Group has a number of related bodies corporate in the Netherlands, United States of America, New Zealand, United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Poland, Denmark, Italy and Brazil. The Heritage Seeds Group may disclose personal information to these related bodies corporate overseas.